Good news- the big day is here! You’ve packed your dress, shoes, and the flowers have arrived. Everything looks immaculate until— your dress catches a rough edge and all of a sudden there’s a rip in the seam. If this were to happen to you, would you be prepared for the unexpected. At Cream City, we’ve seen it all when it comes to weddings, photography, and being prepared. We tell clients to prepare for the unexpected.
When getting ready for your big day, we suggest putting together an emergency kit of items that you might need at a moment’s notice. Here are a few items that we think you may want to include in the kit.
- Sewing kit: Whether it’s a torn seam or a missing button, a small sewing kit can help avert a variety of crises on the day of a wedding event. PRO TIP: @TheKnot encourages you to include thread colors that match your dress as well as your bridesmaids’ dresses for those quick fixes.
- Extra earrings: We know that you’ve picked out the perfect earrings but you never know when you might lose an earring back or one might break. Having a back-up set is worth including. If you end up not using them, they’ll be a fun accessory to pull out for another event.
- Safety Pins: Like the sewing kit, a pack of safety pins can help fix a broken bra strap or ripped seam. We recommend packing safety pins of variety in sizes. Larger safety pins can help secure a boutonniere whereas a smaller safety pin easily secures a loose belt or waist band.
- Stain Removal Pen: Stains happen- even at weddings! We encourage you to pack a stain removal pen (or two!) to stop those pesky stains that may pop up over the course of the day. After all, the last thing you want in a wine stain making a surprise appearance in your wedding photos!
- Make-up for touch-ups: We don’t recommend packing your entire makeup bag, but having mascara (waterproof!,) lipstick, and powder on hand will be useful for touch-ups throughout the day and evening.
A couple of other things may include umbrellas if rain is predicted, water to keep hydrated, and comfortable shoes if you’re wearing heels for your ceremony. With all that’s happening on your wedding day, take away some of the stress by planning ahead and having these emergency items at the ready. You may not need them, but if you do, you’ll have no added worry that your day will be perfect.